Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Sunday

One day every year, a Sunday like today is Super Sunday when the US of America if not shutting down, is slowed down considerably from about 6 PM to 10 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) because a majority of Americans wants to watch the ultimate last American football game of the season, the championship game, called the Super Bowl. This year, this takes place in Indianapolis, Indiana. The effect is felt everywhere in the US and Miami is no exception. Here is my most favorite Italian restaurant on US-1 across the South Dade metro rail station, the Trattoria Luna. It is closed today! The owner knows better and he chose to close his restaurant because he knows it will be mostly empty tonight. The favorite meal tonight is a barbeque at home to watch the game on the television; or at sport bars with huge television screens.

I don't think my photo has enough resolution for you to read the menu posted on the door, but you can visit Trattoria Luna's web site if you are interested. To test your eye sights, try to read the notice on the door about the restaurant is closed to accommodate Super Bowl night. I am supposed to eat lunch here in a few days, and if I can remember to take a few pictures when I am inside, I will blog it.

By the way, Super Bowl XLVI (that's 46) was an American football game between the American Football Conference (AFC) champion New England Patriots and the National Football Conference (NFC) champion New York Giants to decide the National Football League (NFL) champion for the 2011 season. The Giants beat the Patriots 21–17. I got the score from my email news break because I did not watch that game.
Super Bowl

No comments: