Monday, October 15, 2007

New Clothing

Do you know that a healthy iguana may shed every 4-6 weeks. Iguanas aged 2-3 years may shed more often. Here is one I almost step on today while walking in the street. He was blending with the asphalt, and almost invisible, a true chameleon. Perhaps due to the shedding, he was very slow and has no business walking the street in this condition. I tried to get him off the drive way toward the bush but he refused to budge. I didn't insist seeing that he was clearly in a bad and fighting mood.

Shedding Skin

4 comments:

duopastorale said...

Nice capture!

TOG said...

Isn't that the Cuban anole (Anolis equestris) sometimes call the Knight Anole?

Lan said...

I don't think this fellow is an anole because his "armor" looks more heavy. Anole tend to look smoother and greener. I wonder if there is a cross between anole and iguana?

Carel Brest van Kempen said...

TOG is right. It's a Knight Anole.