Monday, December 24, 2007

Red Christmas Tree

If you celebrate Christmas (not every one does) this is my Christmas tree for you. It's not green, but red so there is not so many of this kind. If you do not celebrate Christmas, this is one of the bromeliads that grows in my yard. Meet Bromeliaceae Aechmea Fulgrens. This could also be Aechmea Ramosa, or a cross between it and Fulgrens. I can't tell. This bromeliad is native of Brazil and is known as "Coral Berry." It's beautiful, and this photo does not do it justice.

Coral Berry

2 comments:

Ann (MobayDP) said...

Well, Christmas or no Christmas, this is a beautiful flower! :-D

Merry Christmas Lan! :)

Sally said...

That's lovely.

Festive greetings of the season, whatever the festival or season means for you! I don’t get much time these days to visit and leave comments for all my bloggy friends…but love catching up with pics when I can.