Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thin Skins

Miami's Freezing. This is too cold for me. I need to move further South from here. Here's the news:

KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. -- Wednesday night's bitter cold temperatures rattled tree-dwelling iguanas in South Florida.
The large green reptiles drop out of the trees and litter the ground when temperatures drop in sunny South Florida.
The lizards are not dead. Most of them are alive and are simply cold. When the weather returns to the warmth they know and love, they will spring back to life.

There is a couple of large iguanas living in the trees in my backyard, and I hope they are OK.

In front of my yard, some merciful soul provided a makeshift adobe for the homeless cats in the neighborhood with a cardboard box, a towel and some water. Thankfully, the weather will warm up pretty fast this time, at least, that's what the forecast says. Brrrrr!

Freezing in Paradise

No comments: