Monday, October 27, 2008

Twinkle Little Stars

Brassavola Little Stars (B nodosa x B cordata) is a primary hybrid (which means for you non-orchid readers a cross between two original species) of the nodosa and cordata species of Brassavola. I got this from tog a few months ago and just dumped it inside this green plastic basket. You can see how easily this orchid grows and flowers: no requirement whatsoever, just my ticket. I used to have several Brassavola nodosa plants, known as the "Lady of the Night" orchids. I love the scent of this orchid at nights: Out of this world. I am not sure if the Little Stars hybrid smell as good. I'll find out in a couple days.

Little Stars

1 comment:

TOG said...

I was just looking at your blog at 8 PM and my wife came into the library and ask what could make the garbage can (outside) smell so good. We went out and I showed her our Little Stars that have started to bloom. In two weeks there will be so many flowers the odder will fill the whole yard and maybe to the next yard. One of the parents of this hybrid is called 'Lady of the Night' because it is fragrant only in the evening.