Sunday, May 31, 2009

Transients

There is something peculiar about this spot in Miami, the intersection of US-1 and Sunset Drive. At this time, it is home of the Origin Asian Bistro & Lounge of South Miami. I think this bistro has been there at most a few years, after the building was renovated. Next door, to the North of it is the newly opened Crepe place. I have seen numerous businesses that came and gone from this location, I wonder why that is they cannot remain long at this spot. Do you believe in Feng Shui?

3 comments:

Ann (MobayDP) said...

There are a couple of places like this in Montego Bay as well, but one in particular on the Hip Strip. I, like you, thought that it was some "bad luck" or some such thing.

I asked the last proprietor what he thought the problem was. His answer: The rent is excessive.

So maybe the answer is just as simple for this US-1/Sunset Drive place?

ObGynThoughts said...

I don't believe in Feng Shui. We had a similar spot in my home town, on a corner, a bit away from the main pedestrian zone. Every single restaurant closed after 1 or 2 years. Until McDonalds opened. After 18 years, they are still there. Maybe they have some special Feng Shui?

ObGynThoughts said...

I don't believe in Feng Shui. We had a similar spot in my home town, on a corner, a bit away from the main pedestrian zone. Every single restaurant closed after 1 or 2 years. Until McDonalds opened. After 18 years, they are still there. Maybe they have some special Feng Shui?