Monday, February 21, 2011

Borders

Across from Shorty's on US-1 is this great bookstore Borders Book Shop. This store has lots of technical books that are hard to find... until now when they can easily be found on the internet. That I think is a major reason why this chain is about to be extinct. In fact, rumors have it that Borders is about to go bankrupt. They said it began to delay paying its bills from the publishers. That is usually the ominous prediction of bankruptcy. I think it's too small to become a Barnes & Nobles. In any case, I no longer buy paper books because I read mine in digital, non DRM, of course. What's DRM, you asked? That's the Dumb Rude Method (Digital Rights Management, yeah right!) that was invented to protect the books sold in digital format. The whole world hates it and I won't ever buy these books again.

By the way, the strange neon reflections you see are selling beer at Shortys'.
Borders

No comments: