Wednesday, June 13, 2012

OMG

I can't believe I did this! I went (with friends) to this Peruvian restaurant. A first for me. It is just North of Miami International Airport, on 36th Street NW, East of the Palmetto Expressway. I think it was the El Huarike Peruano restaurant. If you read my blog, you knew I do not like sushi but I obliged and went ahead with (OMG, I can't believe this...) CEVICHE! Now, what's that, you asked? Ceviche, also spelled cebiche, or seviche, is a seafood dish popular in the coastal regions of the Americas, especially Central and South America, and the Philippines. The dish is typically made from fresh raw fish marinated in citrus juices such as lemon or lime and spiced with chili peppers. Additional seasonings such as onion, salt, coriander/cilantro, and pepper may also be added. Ceviche is usually accompanied by side dishes that complement its flavors such as sweet potato, lettuce, corn, or avocado. As the dish is not cooked with heat, it must be prepared fresh to minimize the risk of food poisoning. Now you are telling me! This is what I had: quite raw fish, sweet potato, giant bloated corn and roast corn, raw onions... The entire thing swims in a bath of mainly lime juice. I probably won't do this again, and in all fairness, the fish tasted like lobster, but it's not lobster, it's raw fish! Yuk! Raw Fish

No comments: