Saturday, May 12, 2007

Smoke Filled

The blue sky has disappeared from Miami the past few days. You may remember seeing, and some of the comments noticed the perpetual blue sky in my photo blogs. No more these days. America is "on fire" and Florida is doing its share. The drought is so severe this year that wild fires are raging in a lot of different places in the US (one of which is the "paradise" Catalina island in California.)

In Florida, there is a big fire way up at the Florida-Georgia border at Lake City, about 300 miles North of Miami. The fire has scorched more than 180,000 acres and the haze takes over the Miami sky. The sky has looked like this for the past few days, pathetic! The poor lone bird perched on the wire on the left must think the same way. When the sky turns blue again, I will let you know.

Gray sky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we have heard about your fires. My son lives in Florida and tells us about it.

I hope you get some rain soon.

I have celebrated this day, Mother's Day in my country, with a magazine cover for my wife. I hope you can see it.