Friday, September 3, 2010

Astronomical Bucks

Quote from news ads: "Beginning this fall, Starbucks introduces four flavors to the Starbucks VIA® line. These delicious and aromatic blends are inspired by some of Starbucks most popular beverage flavors: Vanilla, Mocha, Caramel and Cinnamon Spice. Each packet makes a wonderfully balanced cup of coffee and is ideal for life-on-the-go. Starbucks VIA® Flavored Coffee is a blend of 100 percent arabica instant coffee and rich flavors, and is sweetened with natural cane sugar."

All this sounds like Greek to me but this location on Sunset Drive and SW 87th Avenue is always busy with customers buzzing around like bees. My curiosity pushed me to try a $3.69 cup of tea. That clearly was not my cup of tea at all. I hope that wasn't the arabica type because whatever it was, I didn't like it. Can you believe that this brew costs a lot more than gasoline? Unbelievable! I now know what the Bucks mean in the Starbucks name: astronomical!

Astronomical Bucks

No comments: