Thursday, June 26, 2008

Checkout Stations

This is one of several check out stations at the Home Depot store in South Miami. This store recently installed several "self service" stations for check out without the need of cashiers! Hi-tech a person that I am , I was scared to death the last time I used those stations, so this time, I patiently wait in line while the cashiers here are in deep conference to solve a tiny technical problem for the buyer on the right. I think cashiers in this store should have no fear to be replaced by the automatic check out machines. They DO NOT work!

Part of the American flag you see is the hint that the US is gearing up to celebrate its July 4th Independence day soon. I may climb up on the roof of my house, fighting the mosquitoes, to take photos of the fireworks on July 4th, but then again, I may not just because you can't tell if they are Miami's fireworks.

Cashiers

No comments: