Sunday, August 28, 2011

You Talkin' to Me?

This is Miami. You can tell by looking at the way people dress. I was not supposed to be here... but sadly, I am again at this fast food place. This young lady is enjoying life... listening to the music from her cell phone while her bag was trying to engage me in a conversation. I was too preoccupied to reply. My plan was to have a fabulous dinner consisting of a bottle of Chateauneuf-du-Pape and a Chateaubriand steak cooked to order specified by a recipe using a particular thick cut from the tenderloin meat. According to Larousse Gastronomique, this special dish was created by personal chef Montmireil for Vicomte François-René de Chateaubriand, the author and diplomat who served Napoleon as an ambassador and Louis XVIII as Secretary of State for two years. Unfortunately, this dish is only offered as a serving for two, as there is exactly enough meat in the center of the average fillet for two portions. My dinner date is far away... in fact too far away... so I ended up here at the local Burger King joint! How sad! You believe me, don't you?
Burger King

No comments: