Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Armageddon in Miami

Today, at about 1:30 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) the light went out in my office and my house. Then all hell broke loose. Lots of rumor abound. One was that there was an explosion at Florida Power and Light (FPL) in Miami. All schools went frantic... Call the cops, lock down the country...After about half an hour, all my power came back. CNN went on automatic pilot blanketting the airwaves, hoping for a major disaster of the century. At one time they announced that up to 4 millions customers lost power. FPL said it was more like 600,000 to 800,000. From the outside, people may have thought that Miami was confronted with Armageddon of the first kind and the end of the world has arrived. Below are some headlines on CNN and some local television channels. To the disappointment of all these news mongers, it was only a small hill, and no mountain. I know, I lived it, and I am alive. Just lost one afternoon of doing nothing anyway.

Massive Florida Power Outage... Transmission Failure Runs From Daytona Beach to Miami...Eight Power Plants Are Down... Outages in Miami Dade, Broward & Palm Beach... 680,000 Customers Affected...

End of the World

1 comment:

Ann (MobayDP) said...

I saw this on the news. It must have been crazy!!