Thursday, February 28, 2008

Atchoo...

For those of us lucky souls who live in South Florida, we have a gorgeous morning today. Crisp chilly morning in the low 60s Fahrenheit with blue sky. Driving around Miami these days, looking up the trees, you'll see most mango trees in bloom. There is one problem for some of us: those who may be sensitive and easily get allergic reactions from all these blooms. That's a small price to pay, I think. This is the Keitt mango tree next to my house that bears fruit every year, some we eat, many go to the squirrels and birds passing by. I think life is so precious.

Mango in Bloom

2 comments:

'Zann said...

The last house in which I lived in Coral Gables had a glorious mango tree - absolutely the most delicious I'd ever had in my life. We shared with the squirrels as well, but I did NOT want to share with the woman dressed like all in black who once came sneaking into my yard at 4 a.m. with a mango picker!!!

Candyphi said...

Hi there, I hope that this message get to you. I have a friend that will visit south miami the end of this month and she is desperately looking for a local vietnamese farm or a vietnamese family that have tropical fruit in their yard to visit. If you happen to know one, may you please help me out.
Cam on nhieu lam.