Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Hammock Oaks

Here is the entrance to a house in Hammock Oaks. This is rather typical of the houses in this old gated (and very expensive) area off Old Cutler Road. For this house, you've got to squeeze through the tall palm trees along a narrow walkway to make it to the front door. On the left is the trunk of an old oak tree. It must be about 60 year old. The vegetation is truly luxurious in this area, just like a mini jungle. I am not quite sure what is the air born growth on the oak tree. I have lots of them on my oak trees, but never bother to look up their name.

Oak Trunk

3 comments:

ft. lauderdale daily photo said...

Nice texture in this shot. I'm enjoying your site.

Janet said...

Almost like a secret passageway to get to the house! Beautiful trees.

Mila said...

The growth is actually a type of plant that grows or rather latches on to the side of other objects. It takes minerals from the air and water is absorbed through the string like structure.
I actually grew a few of these on my own. For more information consult a horticulturist.