Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Noise Reflector

The Snapper Creek Expressway (Florida State Road 878) is a 2.65-mile-long spur from the Florida State Road 874 (SR 874) to US-1, serving South Miami and Kendall, Florida. It is signed east-west as a toll road but unlike the other highways maintained by the Miami-Dade Expressway Authority, the Snapper Creek Expressway has no tolls on it. Good for me because I use it very often. No major improvements have been made to this freeway since it was completed in 1980 but now it is getting a new long high wall being built at this moment, probably to shield the neighboring residence from highway noise. Noise, yes, but pollution? I doubt it.

2 comments:

TOG said...

The wall will also hide a golf course. Now I can see a wall and the golfer can't hear my noise. I will miss seeing the greenery.

Sandrine said...

Hi Lan,
Just wanted to say Hi.Also I just started to read "Selected Odes" by Pablo Neruda in Spanish with an English translation and I really enjoy it.Thanks.
Take care.
Sandrine