Sunday, October 2, 2011

So So Dim Sum

The name "Hakkasan" pays homage to the ‘Hakka’ people from the New Territories of Hong Kong while ‘san’ is the respectful Japanese form of address. Hakkasan is now open for Dim Sum lunch every Saturday and Sunday from 12 PM - 3 PM, for $28++ per person. Menu items include congee, stir fry, soups, vegetables and dumplings that are seared, deep fried and steamed. That's what the ads say. Nothing but rave.. That's where I was for lunch today. Dim sum was supposed to be, according to Zagat, rated "top-of-the charts!"

There are only 2 choices: Dynasty and Emperor. We had Emperor... Regret to say, I beg to differ with Zagat... and the Emperor seems to wear no clothes for my taste. Here is the view from its window inside the Fontainebleau hotel. You see the Atlantic ocean off Collins Avenue on Miami Beach. Even the ocean is bland! So I complained and got a free bland dessert. Sorry! I think South Miami offers better food, much better! If I were a food critic, I would rate this 3 stars out of 10! OK, Four stars!
So So Dim Sum

No comments: