Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bubba

Known as "A Genuine, Original Florida Establishment, Virginia Key, Miami, Florida USA," this is Jimbo's Place. It is said that his is "simply the last place at the end of the road where everyone is welcome, from kings and politicians to working folks and the salt of the earth."

I come here once in a while, and today's a special day which is Frankenstock Halloween Party at Jimbo's place. This place is boasted to be the most popular location in Miami where music video shoots, models and photographers, television shows and motion pictures are shot on location; such as Porky's II, Ace Ventura, True Lies, 2 Fast 2 Furious; Flipper, Miami Vice, CSI Miami, Burn Notice; JayLo, Who Let The Dogs Out, Sugar Ray and photo of Maria Carey's first album cover... You get to meet quite a few exotic characters who frequent this place. For instance, I got a nice photo of Jamaican Paul and he said he wouldn't charge me a fee for that. Lucky me! Look him up.

Jimbo himself was here and I got a couple of nice photos of him... but he is so well known already and I am sure he wouldn't mind that he didn't make it to my today's blog. But... less well known is Jimbo's Jr. and here he is... Bubba (James "Bubba" Luznar Jr.)! Bubba is Jimbo's son and, like everyone around here, also very friendly. He gave me a Halloween mask without me asking for it. Thanks, Bubba!
Chez Jimbo

No comments: