Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Quattro Rings

OK. Enough recession and misery talk already. Let me swing to the other extreme of the spectrum. Remember "Edgard?" I talked about his 007 car and that made William very envious. He said: "Hey you, how come you talked about the lowly Aston Whatchamacallit and not about my son's Quattro?" Yes, why not? That will get me in the mood to talk about excess and glamour and yes, bad drivers too. Here is William's new toy. Actually, this is not his, but his son's! William's real car is his pet car that sports the logo of a horse, and that's not a Mustang. His horse is a black prancing stallion on its hind legs on a yellow shield. Need I say more? It's racing name is Cavallino Rampante. So back to his son's new car here, it's a 2012 Audi R8 52 Quattro with a price tag, are you sitting down? of a mere arm and a couple of legs. Legends say that if you owe the mob about US $175K, they'll take one arm and two legs, leaving you with one arm for you to get the money to pay them soon later.

To be frank with you, I really do not like Audi much, but this baby is trying to grow up to be a Lamborghini Gallardo, and it is equipped with an engine that has 10 cylinders, 5.2 liter, that can run like 520 horses, as fast as 200 MPH, and get you from rest to 60 MPH in 1, 2, 3, 3.2 seconds! It will eat your gas like a real guzzler, 11 miles for each gallon. Not my gallons!

I would be interested to get Edgard and William into a drag match somewhere in Miami. That would be interesting to see. Did you notice the tag inside the windshield? Are you kidding me? Come on, William!
Quattro

No comments: